Power Controls v3.6.3
Requirements: Android v2.1+
Overview: An advanced power control widget.
An advanced power control widget. FREE and No ADDS
Contains following toggle options :
Mobile Data (3G/4G)
2G/3G toggle (2-Click)
WiMax (4G for EVO)
Screen Auto Rotate
GPS* (shortcut to gps settings)
Four brightness modes (low, mid, high, and auto).
Screen Always On
Screen Timeout toggle
Multimedia buttons (play/ next track/ prev track)
Custom application shortcut
(*) Direct GPS toggle is not possible due to security restrictions on android.
Widget can contain toggle buttons between 2 to 8 with custom background and button colors. To re-arrange a toggle button, on customization screen click the button and move the seekbar to reposition.
Widget can also be added to the notification bar.
On android 4.0 widget can be resized.
To use the widget, long press on the homescreen, and select widgets and then select the Power Controls widget.
To edit existing widget click on the home icon in the application home screen.Widget can also be placed in the notification bar from the application screen.
android.permission.CAMERA: Required for the flashlight to work.
android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: required to display a toggle choice popup when using notification widget (Only on gingerbread)
Note: on gingerbread, direct notification toggle is not possible. The clicking the notification widget, it displays a popup to choose an action.
Note: After the update the existing widgets will remain the same. For customization options, you will need to add a new widget to the screen.
1) Can the GPS toggle be single click instead of a shortcut to system settings?
No. Direct GPS toggle is not possible due to security restrictions on android.
2) Where is the 4G toggle button or the 2G toggle button?
There is an unified mobile data toggle button, which should work for all networks (2G/3G/4G). On some mobiles Wimax toggle would also work.
Simply add this toggle and change the icon on the global settings screen. The icon is only for the display purpose and serve no functionality changes.
3) The flashlight is not working on my device.
Flashlight is only supported on a limited number of devices. I am not able to support many devices as I don’t have access to those.
4) Can the notification widget icon be removed.
No. Current android API does not support a notification without an icon. You can instead use a transparent icon or a battery icon.
5) The notification widget is pushed to the bottom when a new notification arrives.
Android currently does not support adding a notification which is always on the top. You can enable an accessibility service which pushes the widget on the top whenever a new notification arrives.
On the main application screen, click the pin icon in the notification section, and enable the “Power Controls” accessibility service to make the widget pin to the top of the notification area.
Feel free to suggest more toggle button ideas.
- Temporarily removed the functionality of pushing the icon to the right, introduced in the last update.
- Fixed mobile data settings shortcut broken for Jelly beans;
- Notification icon is now pushed to the right, to work properly with the transparent icon.
- Added Brightness slider;
- Added NFC shortcut;
- Battery toggle now takes you to the system battery info;
- Added a compatibility mode for flashlight (in global settings);
- Fixed notification ui on jelly beans;
- Build on jenny beans.
Less description »
Latest version: 3.6.3 (for Android version 2.1 and higher)