Great news, Loktar_Sun of weiphone has found a way to unlock iPhone using SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) developed by @sbingner. Find out how to unlock your iPhone below.
- Jailbroken iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, or iPhone 3GS that can be activated in iTunes (that is, not officially blacklisted),
- The latest iTunes software installed on your computer with internet connected.
- You must know the carrier that your iPhone is locked to.
- Add the following repo: repo.bingner.com and install Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) package.
- Put the SIM card you intend to use in your phone now. (Example: T-Mobile)
- After install, you can enter SAM by either going through the settings menu or find the SAMPrefs icon on your springboard.
- Head to utilities and select “De-Activate iPhone”, your ActivationState under “More Information” should now be “Unactivated”
- Now with SAM enabled, choose “By Country and Carrier” in “Method”; find your carrier, for some carriers operating more than one Carrier ID you may need to select “SIM ID”; if you pick the wrong one this won’t work.
- Go to More Information”, copy or write down the IMSI in “SAM Details”, then tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”.
- Now head back to the main SAM screen and change your “Method” to manual. Paste or enter the IMSI string we saved in Step 5.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and allow iTunes to activate it, double click “Phone Number” parameter at the main device screen and make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card. If not you need to start over from Step 1.
- Unplug your phone, close iTunes.
- Disable SAM. The source article says to uninstall SAM and delete your lockdown profiles; it’s unnecessary.
- Connect your phone to iTunes again, you should get an error saying that your phone cannot be activated. This is normal. Just close iTunes and open it again.
- You should see signal bars in a short time, congratulations.
- Push notifications may stop working after this procedure but can be easily restored by “clear push” utility in SAM followed by connecting to iTunes.
Your phone will work normally with your SIM card and that SIM card ONLY since we tricked iTunes to accept that ICCID is one of the intended carrier’s. The phone can be rebooted and connected to iTunes freely without losing the “unlock”, at least for now.
Since it does not involved emergency numbers and test IMSI it will not have any of the issues associated with SIM interposers. Tested working on iOS 5.0.1 but should work with tethered 5.1 too.
Frequent business travelers, who often switch between different countries can go ahead try the method to unlock their iPhone 4S (or iPhone 4/3GS) without using any doohickey or third party adapters. Get it done before Apple find a way to block this method. Let us know if it works for you outside USA or within United States!
The unlocked iPhone includes all the features of iPhone sans 2-year contract obligation and choice of networks galore (in US only T-Mobile’s network supports unlocked iPhone).
We are receiving reports from multiple users who were able to unlock their iPhone running baseband 02.10.04, 04.10.01, 04.12.01, 1.0.13, 1.0.14, and 1.0.11 and is approved by the well known unlockers @sherif_hasim and @musclenerd.
As mentioned earlier on, following this procedure means that the iPhone will only work with the SIM that was used during the unlock process. If you intend on using multiple SIM cards with the unlocked iPhone then the process will need to be repeated with each SIM on an individual basis. The team involved in producing this unlock have also recommended it as good practice to make a manual save of each ticket that is generated due to the fact that it could prove crucial going forward.
Manually saving each valid unlock ticket
- Run through Steps 1-8 above for each required SIM card, making sure that the method is successful each time.
- SSH into the jailbroken device using something like iFile or a desktop client.
- Navigate to /var/Root/ibrary/Lockdown and make a local copy of everything that is found in that directory for each SIM card.
Please head over HERE