Book Reader application allows you to manage and read eBooks on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. Currently Book Reader supports DRM-free eBooks in EPUB, MOBI (Kindle), FictionBook FB2, plain TXT and Microsoft CHM formats, support for other formats will be added in future versions.
Once book file is opened in Book Reader, it will make a copy of the original file in its own book repository. This allows faster response times when books are opened for reading, but may take slightly longer to import a book into the library.
How to import and read a book:
• Navigate any shared data folder on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet using Book Reader's built-in
• Tap on any file with EPUB, MOBI, AZW, PDB, PRC, FB2, FB.ZIP,TXT or CHM extension and import selected book into the library.
• Tap on a book title within the reader to navigate book's table of content.
• Tap on a page number to navigate the book via page slider.
• Tap on left/right page side to flip to the previous/next page with or without page flip animation.
• Choose any font available on the device for your reader from the settings panel.
• Switch between predefined light, dark, sepia or custom reader skins. In the custom skin mode you could override standard values
for both font and background colors. Values must be provided in a standard CSS format for both font and background colors.
• Text could be highlighted by the user anywhere in the book. Simply select any text by tap and press your finger, then bookmark
this page. Your text selection will be highlighted until you will delete the bookmark. Selected text is also copied into the annotation
field and will be included in bookmark export file.
• Screen orientation could be locked via reader settings independently from the system global setting. Values must be provided in a
standard CSS format.
• Tap on delete button to switch into the delete mode when browsing the library. Tap on the book to
delete it from the library.
re-up with no pass
Last edited by yDdraigGoch; 7th January 2012 at 11:33.