Thanks a lot.
Allow me to simplify and conclude the way of sharing a purchased app as a install-able "*.bar" file from your Playbook which irsaniman shared in another thread:
- Backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software, and locate the *.bbb file.
- Unpack the *.bbb file as a zip archive, and you'll get "Archive/app.tar" from the archive.
- Unpack the app.tar, and you'll find many "gYAB********" folders under the unpacked "/app/" directory.
- Find "MANIFEST.MF" recursively under these folders. They are text files contain info about application packages.
- When you have found the "MANIFEST.MF" which belongs to the app you want to share, you'll notice that it's under a "*/bin/META-INF" directory structure.
- Goto "*/bin" (Go up one folder level), and there are one folder named "META-INF" and another folder named "native" or "air" (or possibly other names in the future if the app was compiled using other SDK by its developer).
- Make a zip archive out of these two folders, and rename the extension to "bar".
In the case of Dead Space, it's even simpler. I just find the largest folder under the "/app/" directory, so there's no need to check "MANIFEST.MF" files.
By the way, I recommend using 7-zip to pack or unpack if you're under Windows. You can just unpack any file regardless of it's extension.
[Admin] content moderated to remove prohibited softwares [Admin]
Last edited by yDdraigGoch; 11th November 2011 at 10:56.