Samsung Galaxy Ace specially for Asian countries or others where update to Gingerbread 2.3.4 firmware through Kies were unavailable and users updated their firmware to S5830XXKPH
The ROM works fine i have tested it myself..Good news Update to Gingerbread 2.3.4 S5830DDKQ5 through Kies for Asian countries is finally released. This might even work with other countries where update to Gingerbread 2.3.4 through Kies was awaited
Here's the systematic guide for downgrading from Gingerbread 2.3.4/2.3.3 back to stock Froyo 2.2.1
I request you to Read carefully the whole instruction before proceeding, for safety and avoid bricking the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow this Guide on your risk and if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process ipmart is not responsible.
But don't be afraid this is surely safe....
To begin with the process, you may first:
- back up all of your important data, contacts, messages, applications installed or stored on the phone.
the SD memory card files will not be harmed.
- use a PC that runs on windows XP or later OS. Close any programs such anti-virus etc.
- remove the SD card and SIM card to avoid issues.
- make sure that the phones battery is fully charge or at least around 40-50%.
Prepare the necessary files for flashing:
ROM Android 2.2.1 DDKC1 for Samsung Galaxy Ace (Asian)
Odin multidownloader V 4.38
after download extract it using winrar.
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android 2.2.1 Froyo S5830DDKC1 firmware flashing procedure:
1. Turn your Samsung Galaxy Ace OFF, then remove SD card and SIM card.
2. Extract the previously downloaded S5830DDKC1 firmware packed.
3. Run ODIN 4.38 exe downloader program.
4. On ODIN select the OPS button and load the Cooper_v1.0.ops file unto it.
Ensure that the Auto-Reboot, Protect OPS and Reset Time is checked, leave one packaged
Note:Ignore the Check MD5 FileName... fail or Popup which will say MD5 Checksum fail in odin.
Click BOOT button and then select and load:
Click PHONE button and then select and load:
Click PDA button and then select and load:
Click CSC button and then select and load:
So now you have.......
6. Turn the phone OFF then switch it to DOWNLOAD MODE by pressing Volume Down+Power+ Middle buttons together. You will then see an android robot digging with a shovel on the LCD screen display or Simple Black Screen with "Downloading..."
7. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Ace to PC, on ODIN a COM Port mapping will indicate and turn to color yellow if the device is already detected.
8. If all files is already loaded and the phone is properly connected,.. Hit the "START"/"Checksum Fail"(As in picture highlighted yellow box) button to begin flashing.
Wait until the whole process completes it only takes around 5 minutes to finish. A progress bar on the left side of ODIN will show you the downloading progress.
9. Once completed you will then see a word "PASS" with a blue background on ODIN. Then your Samsung Galaxy Ace will reboot.
10. Remove the phone from PC, then confirm your newly downloaded firmware update by typing *#1234#.
Voila! You have finally downgraded your Galaxy Ace to Froyo 2.2.1 ..........
Now you can Upgrade your Ace using Kies :
Make sure you unroot the phone if you rooted it before........
Guide to unroot Samsung galaxy ace
1. Download this file
2. Copy it to your sdcard
2. Run in maintenance mode (power + middle button)
3. Update from sdcard
4. After the update completes reboot the phone
Now you can surely upgrade your phone to the latest Gingerbread 2.3.4 from officials
The latest firmware through Kies is much faster and consume less battery ......
23Chbdjhpture.jpgIf you think this guide has helped you or any problem feel free to reply
Last edited by donbhai123; 2nd September 2011 at 13:49.