Chronic Dev Team has finally released the much awaited GreenPois0n RC5 which brings full untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak for all iOS devices. Unlike RedAttachment 622712sn0w 0.9.7, GreenPois0n RC5 doesn’t require you to have SHSH blobs of 4.2b3 saved on Cydia. You can jailbreak any iOS device out of the box on iOS 4.2.1 using this latest version of GreenPois0n.
The following instructions will help you jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 2G/3G/4G, Apple TV and Apple TV 2G using GreenPois0n.
NOTE: If your iPhone 4 rely on an unlock, do not update to iOS 4.2.1 yet as doing so will upgrade your baseband, making it impossible for now to unlock.
Step 1: Download GreenPois0n from the link given above.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone via USB to your computer and click on “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)”
Step 3: Now just follow the following onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode
Step 4: Your device is now ready for jailbreak. Click on “Jailbreak” to inject the exploit.
Step 5: Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch should now be successfully jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1. Now start “Loader” found on the homescreen and install Cydia.
WORKING WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM
Just wanna add this (Note inside the archive):
[code]*** greenpois0n 1.0 RC6 ***
> Description of the software:
greenpois0n will Jailbreak your iDevice.
> Supported iDevices:
- iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon
- Apple TV 2
- RC6: Apple TV 2 support, fixed emulators compatibility issues with greenpois0n
- RC5.4: Verizon iPhone 4 is now supported !
> Requirements (check this !)
- a supported device (see above)
- the device should run iOS 4.2.1 (4.2.6 for iPhone 4 Verizon). Please check on the device in the Settings -> General -> About page.
If your device is running an older version, please upgrade iOS first using iTunes.
*** If you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella (iPhone 4 only) or PwnageTool ***
- at least Windows XP
- a working internet connection
> Notes (checks this also !)
- if your device is jailbroken with iPhone Dev Team's Monte, please restore the device using iTunes first.
- if Cydia doesn't show up after Loader, you may need to reboot the device
- this version of greenpois0n doesn't include a patched activation system. You'll need to activate your device using iTunes
- WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY !
1. plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2. quit iTunes if it shows up
3. start greenpois0n.app
4. follow instructions
5. the device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
6. the device will reboot normally
7. start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia
> In case of troubles
1. check if somebody had the same issue : http://jailbreakqa.com/
2. join us on IRC : irc.chronic-dev.org #greenpois0n
> Source code
greenpois0n public source repositories will be updated soon
> Credits (alphabetical order)
Chronic-Dev Team (follow us on twitter):
- AriX : @AriX
- |bile| : @nitoTV
- chronic : @chronic
- DHowett : @DHowett
- jan0 : @0naj
- Jaywalker : @Jaywalker9988
- OPK : @iOPK
- pod2g : @pod2g
- posixninja : @p0sixninja
- semaphore : @notcom
- westbaer : @westbaer
Contributions: chpwn, comex, geohot
People who helped (thank you!): GreySyntax, iH8sn0w, LunchBox, pod3g, ven000m, zodttd
Donations are always greatly appreciated and will permit to buy new devices to make tests for future jailbreaks. ( http://www.greenpois0n.com )
Thanks for window version
GreenPois0n RC5_b3 for Mac
A confirmation from me:
Greenpois0n RC5 Beta 4 To Jailbreak Verizon iPhone On iOS 4.2.6 Released
CREDITS to WTFX:
GreenPois0n RC6 (Windows/MAC)