I decided to create this thread because many people still asking me how to install, unlock nananana.
OK HERE I just made a new ''user friendly'' guide. i hope this thread stays for the reasons i referred.
INSTALLING GARMIN XT MOBILE FOR FIRST TIME
1) Just copy Garmin and other folders (if present) to root of mmc (so e/garmin , e/private etc will be the final directory)
use the standalone versions!
2) Then install the Garmin sis file
UPGRADING (changing to newer version) GARMIN XT MOBILE
1) First try find the symbian (only) upgrade files of the version you want.
2) Then just copy again Garmin (and other folders if present) folder replacing all the old files when asked to.
3) Open Garmin once.characters will be a mesh.don't worry.(this step is needed for some reasons).Close Garmin.
4) Install garmin sis file of new version and ready to go!
UNLOCKING GARMIN XT MOBILE
1) Open application on mobile
2) Launch Garmin, go to Settings -> About
(Make note of your UNLOCK ESN .WRITE IT SOMEWHERE.THIS IS YOUR UNIT ID)
3) Launch the garmin keygen (its in the zip), and type in your "UNIT ID" in the bar
4) Hit the first generate button to generate device unlock key.
5) Copy this code to a new.txt file. Then save
6) Rename the .txt file to sw.unl (be carefully not txt extension but unl)
7) Put sw.unl file inside Garmin folder and restart Garmin (Now on Garmin will recognize your inbuilt gps)
for v5.00.30 and onwards, you get forced into a startup screen with 4 options (purchase & go, begin free trial, enter product code, and search for gps). select the search for gps option, and then cancel the search, which brings you out to the correct screen with the settings icon in the middle, which you can then go into as normal to find the Unit ID .then follow the steps above (thanks spark001uk post #89)
1) ONLY three names are available so as to be recognized by Garmin: gmapprom.img gmapsupp.img or gmapsup2.img. (Gmapbmap.img is the base map of whole world so don't use this name except if you don't want a base map). so use one of these names for the maps. So only three different named maps can be used at the same time.
2) Then copy .img file to e/Garmin folder
The first thing to know is the map id. It is needed to unlock. Some maps are ''unlocked'' so don’t need this guide.
(If you don’t know map id then use gmaptool (its inside the zip) , click add file > select the img file you want > then press details > u will see somewhere the FID which is the mapid, if FID 314 then mapid is 314.)
1) Open garmin keygen. Then type your unit id. it can be seen if you open app and then go to settings >about > u see the esn unlock number. This is the unit id.
2) Go to select map product. There are some ready maps there. If your map is not there then select custom mapset. Then type the mapid.
3) Click the generate button
4) Copy paste code to a new txt file. Then save.
5) Rename new.txt file to XXX.unl (be careful extension must be unl not txt) XXX: is the name you selected for the map to unlock (gmapsupp, gmapprom or gmapsup2)
6) Copy the .unl file to same directory as the map (e/garmin folder)
7) Restart application. map will be unlocked if you did them all ok.
FINAL FOLDER-FILE STRUCTURE WILL BE LIKE THAT
and two suggestions FOR VERSION 5.00.30 and newer :
so as to have tsautostart closed now on you have to do these simple steps
1)first open garmin and set the launch background service inside tools-> system to active.
2)then close garmin.
3)then open again.
4)deactivate the same option.
5)now tsautostart.exe process will close every time you close garmin and will be no more a problem that consumes battery!
so as not to ask you to connect garmin gps or activation code during installation
just be sure to have sw.unl (see UNLOCKING GARMIN XT MOBILE above) inside garmin folder during installation
LATEST GARMIN 5.00.60 FILES CAN BE FOUND HERE : http://www.mobinuke.com/showthread.php?t=391531
Last edited by aristotelhs2060; 17th December 2009 at 14:56.